Malandreni, 7th of March 2017
Domaine Skouras at Diamond Importers “Terroir Tour” Symposium
Domaine Skouras took part at the “Terroir Tour” Symposium in three different states in the USA:
- 26th of February in San Francisco, CA (Bluxom Street Winery|53 Bluxom Street)
- 1st of March in Chicago, IL (City Winery|1200 W Randolph Street)
- 6th of March in New York City, NY (City Winery|155 Varick St.)
An event organized by the Greek wine importing company Diamond Wine Importers.
The “Terroir Tour” Symposium, which was only aimed at professionals in the wine sector, is focusing on the uprising of the main Greek indigenous varieties: Moscofilero and Assyrtiko for the whites – Aghiorghitiko and Xinomavro for the reds. The representatives were:
- George Skouras from Domaine Skouras in Argos
- Paris Sigalas from Domaine Sigalas in Santorini
- Stelios Boutaris from Domaine Kyr-Yianni in Naoussa
- Angelos Iatridis from Domaine Alfa in Amynteo
Each representative had the opportunity to present his indigenous varieties from their respective region and bring the audience closer to the characteristics of each one of them. To give a complete image on how these varieties are evolving, old vintages were opened and tasted.
Main coordinators of the seminars were Doug Frost (MW and MS) and ted Diamantis owner of Diamond Wine Importers.